17 horror Stories. One legendary music venue.
We all know the old cliché: Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Now, add demons, other dimensions, monsters, revenge, human sacrifice, and a dash of the truly inexplicable. This is the story of the (fictional) San Francisco music venue, The Shantyman.
In Welcome to the Show, seventeen of today’s hottest writers of horror and dark fiction come together in devilish harmony to trace The Shantyman’s history from its disturbing birth through its apocalyptic encore.
Featuring stories by Brian Keene, John Skipp, Mary SanGiovanni, Robert Ford, Max Booth III, Glenn Rolfe, Matt Hayward, Bryan Smith, Matt Serafini, Kelli Owen, Jonathan Janz, Patrick Lacey, Adam Cesare, Alan M Clark, Somer Canon, Rachel Autumn Deering and Jeff Strand.
Compiled by Matt Hayward. Edited by Doug Murano.
Bring your curiosity, but leave your inhibitions at the door. The show is about to begin…
- Alan M Clark – What Sort of Rube
- Jonathan Janz – Night and Day and in Between
- John Skipp – In the Winter of No Love
- Patrick Lacey – Wolf with Diamond Eyes
- Bryan Smith – Pilgrimage
- Rachel Autumn Deering – A Tongue like Fire
- Glenn Rolfe – Master of Beyond
- Matt Hayward – Dark Stage
- Kelli Owen – Open Mic Night
- Matt Serafini – Beat on the Past
- Max Booth III – True Starmen
- Somer Canon – Just to be Seen
- Jeff Strand – Parody
- Robert Ford – Ascending
- Adam Cesare – The Southern Thing
- Brian Keene – Running Free
- Mary SanGiovanni – We Sang in Darkness