The definitive guide to filmmaking and filmmakers by the best in the field.
Horror 201: The Silver Scream, the follow-up to the Bram Stoker Award nominated Horror 101: The Way Forward, delves into the minds of filmmakers to see what it takes to produce great horror films, from the writing and funding process, to directing, producing, and writing tie-ins.
It’s a tome of interviews and essays by some of our favorite artists.
Film legends and authors such as John Carpenter, Wes Craven, George A. Romero, Ray Bradbury, Ed Naha, Patrick Lussier, Stephen Volk, Nancy Holder, Tom Holland, John Shirley, William Stout, and John Russo want to share their expertise with you through informative, practical, career-building advice.
These are the folks behind movies and novelizations such as A Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, Dark Shadows, Sleepy Hollow, Supernatural, Buffy, Resident Evil, The Stand, Sleepwalkers, Masters of Horror, The Fly, Critters, Tales from the Crypt, Child’s Play, Fright Night, Thinner, The Langoliers, Ted Bundy, Final Destination, Re-animator Unbound, Halloween, Apollo 18, The Eye, Night of the Living Dead, The Crow, The Mist, Pan’s Labyrinth, and Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Horror 201 also entertains. You’ll see a side of your favorite authors, producers, and directors never seen before – combining fun and entertainment with informative career-building advice.
Horror 201 is aimed at arming generations of authors, screenwriters, producers, directors, and anyone else interested in the film industry, from big budget movies to the independent film circuit, as well as the stage.
Whether you’re an accomplished author or screenwriter, writing as a hobby, or have dreams of writing screenplays or making movies, Horror 201 will take you on a behind the scenes tour of the Horror movie industry from Hollywood to the UK and Australia.
Horror 201 covers:
• Horror as culture
• Scare tactics
• The evolution of the horror film
• Viewer desensitization
• Watching your story come to life
• Screenwriting advice
• Dissecting screenplays
• A production company case study
• Tricks of the trade
• Writing tips
• Advice on Producing
• Advice on Directing
• Information about funding and distributing a film
• Entertaining tidbits and anecdotes
And so much more!
Horror 201: The Silver Scream is perfect for people who:
• are looking to delve into screenplay writing
• want to write their first screenplay
• are fans of the horror movie industry
• like to follow the careers of their favorite directors
• are planning on infiltrating a different field in horror writing
• are looking to pay more bills with their art
• are trying to establish a name brand
• are looking for motivation and/or inspiration
• are seeking contacts in the film industry