"Dip the apple in the brew. Let the Sleeping Death seep through."
DIY POISON APPLES
Make your own "poisonous" apples for your next Halloween party!
WICKED BLACK TOFFEE APPLES
6 Granny smith apples (unwaxed)
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cups water
1/2 cup light corn syrup or liquid glucose
Black gel food coloring
1. Grease a piece of baking paper and place it on a baking sheet.
2. Insert bamboo skewers into the apples and set them aside.
3. In a medium pot, combine sugar, water, glucose/corn syrup, and a few drops of food coloring. Stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture feels smooth when you rub it between your fingers.
4. When the sugar has dissolved, turn up the heat and wash the sides of the pot down with a pastry brush dipped into clean water to prevent crystals from forming.
5. Allow the caramel to boil until it reaches the hard crack stage (310 degrees Fahrenheit).
6. Carefully dip the apples into the hot candy mixture and place on the baking paper to set. Allow apples to cool for at least an hour before serving to your victims.
To celebrate our GRAND OPENING, we are giving away a SIGNED, limited edition box set of Clive Barker's BOOKS OF BLOOD.